Today was a great day. Aside from being brought bagels in the morning by Eric and being treated to a delicious lunch at All Souls by Chris and Mom, my favorite part of today was Violet exclaiming as we were planting begonias, "Mommy, you are my best friend." Boy, that girl knows exactly what to say to make my heart literally swell.
On another note, I had a really hard "Brie" day on Friday. The anniversary of Brie's passing is approaching, and I am finding myself think of her more and more. Last year, I had the distraction of a new baby to put thoughts of her on the back burner. As this date fast approaches, I find it harder and harder not to think of her. Friday I spent first through third hour crying. My students must think I am insane. It was particularly hard because I was at school - the very place that I had found out the news that she had died. Last year, I was able to avoid the school since I was on maternity leave, so the memories did not have to be relived. So not only did I frighten my students (who were, by the way, incredibly understanding and amazing), but I surprised myself at how broken I still feel without my little sister in my life. I do, however, hope I have no more break downs at school -- it is so embarrassing and I so don't want to be THAT teacher.
Happy Mother's day to everyone. I hope all the mamas I know had a very special, care free day.




3 comments:
Love all the pictures of the girls and Mommas~Your mother's day sounds lovely. I do however still feel the ever present ache of our loss. I too (at work) cried like a crazy person. I explained to several people that I was not crying because I was working a unexpected 12 hour shift, but because my sister is gone and YES it has been 2 years. Several people were how ever very sympethetic some who have lost as much or more were there to hold me up today~
for some reason your blog stopped showing up on my google reader so I just saw this post. I hope you had a good mother's day. I've been thinking of you and Michaela today, sending healing thoughts your way. xoxo.
Oh Tara....I'm so, so sorry...and I know that feeling really well. It was a good 3 years before I could talk about my mom without tearing up. And I remember having a good ol' cry right in the middle of this shop (2 years after she died) and these little ladies comforting me. I was talking about a QUILT for goodness sake and it just hit me.
Hang in there....it does get better...and I bet your students love you even more. ♥
Post a Comment